How to get into National Defence Academy (NDA)
National Defence Academy (NDA): Indian Armed forces have joint services of three academies i.e. Army, Navy and Air Force get training together before they go for respective service. NDA is situated at khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra it is the first service academy in the world. Pai Defence Academy is the Best defence academy in Jodhpur which has professional faculties, disciplined environment and dedicated timetable for students.
Criteria to get into NDA:
1. Have to appear in Union Public Commission (UPSC), New Delhi entrance exam. These exams held 2 times within a year i.e. in the month of April and September. They have their eligibility criteria if the candidate eligible in that then only he/ she can fight UPSC exam. In UPSC exam candidate have to fight with English, Mathematics and General Knowledge. If you want to crack UPSC exam then Pia Classes is best defence academy in Jodhpur.
2. Then have to clear SSB testing in this psychological test of personality to assess the suitability of the candidate for the commission to the armed force. In this after assessing they recommend. It contains 5 Stages:
a. Stage 1: Screening: It consists of few activities like Verbal and No-Verbal test and PPDT eligible candidate in this stage go in next stage.
b. Stage 2: It is the very difficult stage in this first psychological test it consists of 4 test i.e. Thematic Apperception Test (TAT), Word Association Test (WAT), Situation Reaction Test (SRT) and at last Self-Description Test (SD)
c. Stage 3: GTO: In this candidate is judged on the basis of outdoor tasks, the main motto of this is to judge candidate in group performance. This contains series of tasks like Group Discussion (GD), Group Planning Exercise (GPE), Progressive Group Task (PGT), Half Group Task (HGT), Individual Obstacles Task (IOT), and Command Task and at last Snake Race and Group Obstacles Race.
d. Stage 4: Personal Interview: This is the main key to get into for recommendation for SSB interview this play vital role in the assessment of the candidate.
e. Stage 5: Conference: Before facing SSB board members candidates will face few general questions like how was your stay and what you have learned from all this. This conference decides that are you eligible to recommend for the officer in India Defence Forces.
3. Medical Test: In this trained doctor examine the candidate and some tests are performed they are like X-rays, ECG, Blood & Urine test etc. After seeing all the reports then the doctor suggests that the candidate is fit or unfit. If you are unfit then you can get 1 more chance to appeal for medical test at some other location.
4. Final Merit List: After clearing all test final merit list will come and not all who recommend getting the name in this list. In total 3 merit lists were released for Army, Navy and Air Force. Merit list is made after adding the marks of written exam + SSB. So one must try to score maximum in these 2 parts. NDA release final cut off list before 2 months of final training.
5. Hardship of Training: After getting the name in merit list then- candidate get selected in NDA but it doesn’t mean that you become an officer. To become full-fledged officer candidate must undergo full fledge 4 years of training. Starting 3 years will be for pursuing the bachelor course by candidate and Indian Government sponsor all the expenses and if someone wants to leave in between then he will have to pay all expenses which government has done on him. The remaining 1-year training is done in IMA (For Army Candidates)
There are some tips to crack NDA exams are as follow:
1. Week-wise build your study schedule
2. NDA and 12th Class syllabus is the same by maintaining proper coordination between both.
3. Study your 10th class social science, geography and history book.
4. Make own notes of important points to remember.
5. Ready newspaper daily and let go any corner unread.
6. Practice more and more English like error finding, jumbled words, precise writing skills and a good hand on grammar is required.
7. Don’t make wild guesses it will lead you in trouble because this exam has negative marking.
8. Learn mathematical shortcuts it will really help to attempt full paper.
To crack NDA examinations it is a dream of every student lots of candidate fight for this and only some of them get into this. As we have seen that it is very difficult to crack it and we have to follow various stages after clearing written exam. So self-studies, as well as proper guidance, is required for this so it is suggested to join some good defence academy and, I have heard that Pia Classe is best defence academy in Jodhpur, Rajasthan,